Acorn Cake Pops
Here’s what you'll need for twelve Cake Pops
- 12oz bag of dark cocoa candy melts
- liquid vegetable oil (canola, etc)
- light brown modeling chocolate or fondant (for caps)
- orange and yellow modeling chocolate or fondant (for leaves)
- green and brown petal dusts
- leaf shaped cutter or exacto knife to free cut leaf shapes
Step one: Wrap lollipop sticks in brown floral tape.
Step two: Pierce cake balls with sticks.
Step three: Use a double boiler to melt candy melts and stir occasionally until completely melted. Alternatively, melt in microwave safe container stirring every 20 seconds.
Step four: Add oil, a teaspoon at a time, until consistency is smooth.
Step five: Dip cake balls and twirl to remove excess, then lay on parchment paper.
Step six: Knead brown modeling chocolate/fondant and roll out until thin.
Step seven: Use Trip-Tip Sugar Shaper™ to create a cross-hatch in the modeling chocolate/fondant.
Step eight: Cut out circles big enough to fit cake ball.
Step nine: Push cap through stick onto cake ball.
Step ten: Use Trip-Tip Sugar Shaper™ to make lip on edge of cap.
Step eleven: Paint acorn cap with dark brown and gold petal dust.
Step twelve: Roll out orange fondant/modeling chocolate and cut out leaf shapes.
Step thirteen: Paint leaves with green, yellow, and red petal dust.
Step fourteen: Attach leaves to Cake Pops and you're done!