Many of you have asked for the recipe for that delectable cake that Kaysie made in our latest YouTube video. So here it is! The cake, the buttercream, and the fruit filling- everything you need!
Chocolate Stout Cake
1. Melt butter and Guinness in a sauce pot.
2. Whisk in cocoa powder, let cool for 15 minutes.
3. Using the whip attachment, combine the eggs and sour cream.
4. Add chocolate mixture and whip until smooth.
5. Combine all dry ingredients, including the sugar, in a separate bowl.
6. Add all dries to the chocolate mixture.
7. Scrape bowl well and beat briefly on low.
8. Fill lined pans and bake @300-325 convection, depending on cake size.
1. Combine sugar #1 and water in a pot. Cook to thread stage.
2. Begin whipping egg whites on speed 2 when sugar reaches thread.
3. Slowly add sugar #2 to the whipping egg whites.
4. When cooking sugar reaches soft ball, remove from heat.
5. Pour cooked sugar immediately into whipping egg whites.
6. Continue whipping until cooled to just warm.
7. Slowly add room temp butter in chunks.
8. Add vanilla and salt.
Port Cherry Compote
1. Place cherries and port in a pot.
2. Cook cherries until they start to break down, remove from heat.
3. Combine sugar and clear gel powder with a whisk in a bowl.
4. Place cherries into the robo coupe. Pulse 10 times, 1 sec each.
5. Whisk sugar mixture into the cherries.
That's it! Now break out the cocoa and cherries and get to it!
Your success is our treat.™
Sign up for new product info, special offers and decorating tips